Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Visual Studio 2008 UAC Issue

Thanks Jim!

Visual Studio 2008 UAC Problem

I had a Visual Studio 2005 project with a manifest that set requireAdministrator. When ported to Visual Studoi 2008 I got this error: manifest authoring error c1010001: Values of attribute "level" not equal in different manifest snippets.

Solution

Remove the explicit manifest file and set the UAC.

1. Remove the explicit manifest file "Configuration Properties > Manifest Tool > Input and Output" remove the "Additional Manifest Files" value

2 Go to "Configuration Properties > Linker > Manifest File" and change the UAC Execution Level

4 comments:

Walter Bankovitch said...

Thank you very much for this helpful hint!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This helped me alot. Thanks.

Mike Gold said...

helped me too. I've been up all night trying to figure out this manifest issue. THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

it helped..! thank you!