So my boss has a subscription to Audio-Tech Business Book Summaries most of the cds are actually pretty interesting to listen too.
I was impressed with a cd he shared with me recently. (Great) Employees Only How Gifted Bosses Hire and De-Hire Their Way to Success by Dale Dauten. What I enjoyed most about it where the six questions Dale Dauten says to ask an employee that is in line to be de-hired.
1. Are you happy here?
2. What are you passionate about?
3. Does this job do that for you?
4. How can we make changes so that happens?
5. What would you rather be doing?
6. How can I help you move in that direction?